Sunday, October 31, 2021

wintry days

With the weather forecasted to warm up in the next few days, I made an extra effort to make sure to get out and enjoy this cold!  The new snow paired with the cold equals beauty.   That is if that's what your eyes behold and mine certainly do!  


🐦Inglewood Bird Sanctuary🐦




 

🎃Nose Hill Environmental Park🎃


The water in the lake is low and frozen.  The grass sticking up from the ice was covered in frost. 

The top left bird is a "lifer" for me!  I thought oh just another sparrow but something seemed a bit off.  When I got home and did some homework, I found out it is a Snow Bunting.  They migrate to colder climates for the winter.  The heart is formed underneath the ice.  Mother Nature works some wonders, each piece of grass is coated in ice crystals.  My first time for seeing a Common Redpoll was a few days ago out in Kananaskis.  This time I saw a couple dozen all foraging together.  I focused in on one of these beauties!




1 comment:

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.