Wednesday, October 13, 2021

sketching & urbaning

It is so crystal clear that I am a morning person!  I cherish those quiet early moments in the day.  That's when what I feel, what I think, what I believe are authentic.  During the dawning of a new day is when my creative side flourishes.  With a cup of coffee in hand, I let my mind wander to those peaceful places where nothing else matters but the pure thoughts that soothe my soul!  This is the outcome when I allow those thoughts to come through onto a 9" X 12" piece of bristol smooth paper.    



It pays to be a morning person at times.  The forecast was for a rain/snow mix to work its way over the city near noon.  My preference if possible is to collect my kilometres under blue sky and sunshine which is what I was afforded wandering around the Birth Forest and along Nose Creek. Over this past year I have spent loads of time at these locations and lately I realized how I have enjoyed seeing it change through the seasons.  As we approach mid October, it's nice to see only now the larch trees are at their prime.  The bird songs were mostly non-existent on this morning but there was a pretty Northern Flicker passing time perched on a branch.  I spotted six mallards, they were three male/female couples.  My timing was right is capturing a drop of water at the end of her beak.  This was a colourful visit!  



2 comments:

  1. Morning is the best! I always smile to myself as I hike past occupied tents in the morning, already on the trail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And being thankful they are not morning people, leaving the trail to just us!

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.