Friday, May 14, 2021

Carburn to Beaverdam Flats May 14, 2021

With this gorgeous weather we have been gifted, I am sleeping with my bedroom window open.  This morning I woke to birds chirping yet it was still dark.  My clock said 4:02am! So, I was up with the birds!  I wanted to add distance to my Kruger Challenge but did not want to exit the city with the multitudes of others who do so now on Fridays.  A quick short drive down The Deerfoot gets me to Carburn Park where I can go for kilometres on end.    

I aimed for trails down by the Bow River first to see what I could see and this was what I saw!  The Bald Eagle was on the other side of the river. Thankfully I had my big camera with the big zoom.  

There was enough distance including a fence and a steep slope between me and the Canada Geese family that made it safe for me to watch them for quite some time.  On this visit I saw two families, both from a safe distance.
The American White Pelicans have arrived!
Some of the other sightings I saw include:  a male and female Tree Swallow, a female Downy Woodpecker, and I believe a White-Crowned Sparrow and a Chipping Sparrow.  I find some sparrows hard to identify if I don't get a photo from a good angle or if the lighting is different and shows them in various shades of greys and browns.    
some of the pathways I enjoyed

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.