Friday, May 21, 2021

Dale Hodges Park for the ducks (birds too) May 21, 2021

 'Tis the season for goslings and ducklings and such and those were what I went searching for at Dale Hodges Park today.  What I found instead were ducks of a variety that I had not seen before.  Or maybe I did see them but not being a duck expert thought them to be just plain ducks. The wetlands were alive and my searching success today was with ducks and not babies.


one of the trails to wander along that connects the platforms
I saw one duckling, it looked lost, all alone with no siblings to be seen nor parents anywhere.  In contrast to that, the Yellow Headed Blackbirds were in abundance and were on a mission chasing away the Red Winged Blackbirds from where ever they were perched.  I believe these are Song Sparrows after comparing them to what are shown in my bird book.

another trail to follow
The birds and ducks were busy this morning and nothing was staying still for any length of time.  I am learning to be trigger happy and just snap, snap, snap.  Some birds and ducks I am able to now recognize immediately yet others like the Sandpipers it is necessary to refer to my bird book. 
These are a few of the beautiful wetland sights that were presented at the Dale Hodges Park.  It was a perfect time of day to be here seeing the blue sky scattered with puffy fluffy white clouds, bird songs filled the air and reflections filled the ponds.   

Another work week has come to an end!  These are my kind of work weeks kicking Monday off with this kind of work and ending the work week on a Friday that looked like today did.  Now we are into a long weekend but for me that does not mean a bonus day off work!



2 comments:

  1. Amazing sights & I’m sure bird 🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶! Norma

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.