Friday, May 7, 2021

Kruger Park Virtual Challenge Progress May 7, 2021

With the forecast being not so user friendly I decided to face Friday getting caught up in being up close and personal with Mother Nature rather than going for grand far off views.  I could still actually cover a good distance at Glenbow Ranch to tack on to my Virtual Kruger Park Challenge. While virtually walking the road in South Africa, I actually hiked numerous trails at The Ranch where the crocuses are prime now and the birds were plentiful. The Savannah Sparrow, the Red-Winged Blackbird and the Tree Swallows all allowed me within a close range.  Three hours after I hit the trail, I was back at my car ready to head home.    

When I arrived home, my Alps to Ocean Virtual Challenge medal was waiting for me in my mailbox.  

It has felt like a slow go with progress on the Kruger Park Challenge.  To end of day today, this is where I stand.  After seeing my progress chart and the motivational comment, the reality of it all is I am far ahead of my goal.  The slow go feel could be because there are no virtual views other than roadside scenery.  

The chart above says I am 42% of the way along.  I planted a tree when I reached 40% of the way.  I am still far ahead of my pacer who is following me on this long stretch of road for as far as the eye can see.  Others who have taken on this challenge are also commenting about the lack of scenery.

It's time to take a break from the road and head off trail to see what I can see!

Two more postcards popped out of my mailbox to share with you.  

A notice came from The Conqueror announcing there will be new virtual challenges added every few weeks throughout this year.  I am already wondering what they will be.  I should not though, I need to stay focused and move on down the Kruger Park road!  


4 comments:

  1. 88 days to go! Don't knock your achievement so far.
    These virtual challenges are a real bonus of Covid. I wish I had more time to factor it in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Helen, they are a bonus these days and I am thankful to have them!

      Delete
  2. Hello! Great bird and flower pics. I guess I didn't realize you started a different blog. That explains the lack of posts! :) Glad I found you back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your message. After my internet provider made changes, my old blog became a challenge to work with, so I created this new one. There are still a few wrinkles I am working my way through.

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.