Thursday, September 23, 2021

Bow River Path, Banff National Park September 23, 2021

The goal this morning was to enjoy an easy stroll along the Bow River in Banff after checking out of my home away from away, then hit the highway back to Calgary. I opted to start from the Cave and Basin and walk towards Sundance Canyon.  It was a cool, crisp, quiet morning.  While there are no golden larch trees in this area, there were lots of autumn shades.  I will let the photographs tell the story!



My bird nerd friend pointed me in the correct direction with identifying this bird as a Golden-Crowned Kinglet! There was lots of bird activity in sections along this route.  They were the small birds that won't stay still and like to be in amongst the leaves on the trees.



The correct ID on this little bundle of brown is an American Tree Sparrow!




After a couple of hours strolling this pathway, I was ready to make my way back to the city.  While it is just short of a two hour drive from the city to Banff National Park, I can find places in this Park where it feels like I am a world away!  That's where it felt like I was these past few days!  

2 comments:

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.