Sunday, September 12, 2021

St Francis Way Virtual Challenge Progress September 12, 2021

It's time for another virtual challenge progress report!  It feels like time is flying yet the distance is not. When in fact, as I checked the status bar I see the distance is flying yet time is not.  As I approach the 40% distance marker, I see my pacer just passed the 20% completed marker. That's where I should be right now which tells me I may not be adding skating and cross-county distance to this challenge come December.  



The Conqueror staff held a five day long contest where random draws were made from submissions.  This was to celebrate their fifth anniversary of being in existence.  I was not successful but I did enjoy creating submissions to enter in the contests.  One of the contests was to create our own postcard from the generator they provided us.  This is my postcard!  

I received three more postcards at milestones along my journey.



The virtual views are so pretty!  The first two are of Rifugios along the route.  When I hiked in the Dolomites in Italy a few years ago, I learned about these and enjoyed visiting quite a few for a beverage and treat mid hike.  There are so many incredible virtual sights along the way as can be seen below.  





I hope to pass the 200km mark by the end of this week.  


2 comments:

  1. I've just been catching up again, after nearly 3 weeks of travelling across, up and down our state. You have certainly haven't let the grass grow under your feet in my absence. It's wonderful how you have embraced retirement and are making the most of each and every day. I find it difficult to picture that your autumn is seemingly so advanced.Continue to enjoy each precious hike still in shorts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and the grass is not growing under your feet either! My road trips are short but your long journeys inspire me!

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.