Sunday, September 5, 2021

getting my urban fix

Carburn Park 

The last visit to Carburn Park offered up such a treat when I got to see the birds bathing.  I went back on this day with hopes to be afforded that treat again.  When I arrived at that special spot, this is what greeted me! 


Not only were the wee birds still out and about, those of prey were too.  A Mom Bald Eagle along with her juvenile hung out together for quite some time.   Then we have a Warbler and a Sandpiper of each of some sort.  The pack of Pelicans were all diving together for their breakfast.

Dark movement in the bushes caught my eye and I knew it was a squirrel. Once it left the bushes and began to ascend the tree, I then saw the tip of the tail was white.  How unusual!
morning reflection
morning shadow


Inglewood Bird Sanctuary

I am curious to see who leaves when to head south for the winter and who braves the cold.  Being a new birder, this is something I never monitored before which means I have so much to learn.  It was quite cool when I arrived at The Sanctuary and on the quiet side but soon after the place came alive.  

This was not my first time for seeing White-Breasted Nuthatches, but it was my first time for seeing them upright.  Their usual standing position is head down on the side of a tree.

a few of the other residents 
muskrat
view from along the trail



No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.