Sunday, September 26, 2021

St Francis Way Virtual Challenge Progress September 26, 2021

After this past week's get-away to Banff for larch hiking, plus some recent urban hiking, I am content with the progress so far on this virtual challenge.  I have decided to make a goal to reach by the end of this year and that is to have completed 2000kms from mountain and urban hiking/walking combined.  This is the first time ever for making a year-end goal of kilometres to cover.  After this morning's walk at Confluence Park, I have now completed 1603kms which means I have 397kms to go to reach my goal.  Like I have said before, these virtual challenges have been such a great motivator to get out there no matter what! I feel the benefits both physically and mentally.    

Our recent weather sure helps with just wanting to be out there!  Add the gorgeous autumn colours to that and wanting to walk out that front door comes easily.  These are a few of the views from this morning at Nose Creek.  




Since my last progress report, I have received two postcards!



The virtual views along St Francis Way have been quite nice too!  

Basilica di San Francesco d'Assisi
This photo reminds me of when I hiked in the Italian Dolomites.
There has not been much in the way of water to virtually see, so I went a little off route to find some.
Parco Regionale del Lago Trasimeno

My original intention was for this challenge to take me to the end of the year but I already know, if life throws me no curve balls, I will cross the finish line long before December 31st.  Also, it was intended this would be my last virtual challenge, but only time will tell!  


2 comments:

  1. 2000km for the year, very impressive and I know you will make it. The autumn colours are glorious. Matthew has just had a week hiking in the Dolomites. He sent wonderful images, re awakening our memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is great Matthew got to spend a week hiking in the Dolomites! A small group of people from Calgary are cycling the Italian Dolomites right now and have been posting daily blog updates. It was interesting to see when they biked through where I stayed. Yes re-awakening memories!

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.