Tuesday, November 10, 2020

my own falls

I did it!  I found my own waterfalls photograph to sketch!  Four days after retiring in July of 2018, I did something I had never done before, I went on a solo three day backpacking trip to Elbow Lake in Peter Lougheed Provincial Park in Kananaskis.   It is a very easy hike in, that was what I wanted seeing as I was carrying everything on my own and I was not going lightly.  I woke in my tent to a beautiful morning on the 18th.  I hiked to Edworthy Falls which is off the Big Elbow Trail a few kilometres from the backcountry campground.  I had hiked past the turn-off for the Falls about a dozen times in past years while aiming for other destinations.  I saw lots of photos of Edworthy Falls but on this day I would take that left hand turn and see them for myself.
my own falls

I made some adjustments so the sketching would be a user-friendly experience.  I watched a tutorial on how to make easy basic slopes.  Anything rough & rocky is still a challenge for me to lay on paper.  That will come when I invest time in practicing.  I used my new white gel pen on the falls, to make the bubbles and to highlight ripples in Mother Nature's pool.  This new tool opens many more windows of opportunity to add spice to my projects!  



1 comment:

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.