Saturday, November 28, 2020

"When you know better....

.....you do better!"

Just short of a two hour drive west of Calgary will get you to Lake Louise in Banff National Park.  My guesstimate of how many times I got there over the years would be about a hundred give or take a few.  While we can get there again now, we could not in April!  As a National Park it was declared off limits to help protect everyone from the world's happenings.  Staying close to home, or in my home, I laid down coloured pencil colours on papers as an escape and much needed distraction.   My first ever sketch was of the Egypt Lake Shelter then my next project was Lake Louise.  The tools I owned back in April were $10.00 for 24 pencils and a $3.00 sketch book.    

Now seven months later, it was time for a re-do sketch of this beautiful lake.  
When you know better you do better!
my photo of Lake Louise that I used as a reference
This was the sketch I did back in April.  At that time I was so proud of it and with only two completed sketches in my collection, I was already hooked.  I knew one day down the road I would once again sketch my reference photo from scratch.   
Lake Louise is one of my favourite places!  I have been in all seasons and in all weather conditions.  I like it in the mornings, on the verge of winter, when the Lake is beginning to freeze over.  Yet, when Lake Louise really captures my heart are those days that are bitterly frigid cold and the area is dressed in a brand new layer of winter white!  


1 comment:

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.