Monday, November 2, 2020

Powderface Ridge East November 2, 2020

I know this summit as Sunrise Hill, some call it Rainy Ridge Summit and others refer to it as Powderface Ridge East.  Whatever you want to call it, I knew there was a flag at the top and because of that, this was my go to hike today when I was feeling the desire to celebrate my country! It's November 2nd, 2020 and I feel our world is on the verge of I don't know what!

The sunrise was gorgeous this morning and I admired it while driving to the trail head and while holding tightly onto the wheel.  The chinook winds were wild!  The trail heads directly into the forest from where I parked my car so I was provided with shelter immediately from the wicked winds.  As soon as I exited the forest the views began, so did fighting against the wind.   
It's still a little bit wintry out here!  Shortly before here I slipped into my spikes for the balance of the push to the summit which is at the centre of that hill in the centre.   I knew I would be first to reach that spot this  morning as I was first to the parking area.  There was no one at Timber Harvesting either when I drove by there which is another access route to Sunrise Hill.  
The wild wicked wind was wonderful for capturing a perfect picture of our Canadian Flag.  I did not realize it until I got home and downloaded my shots, the flag is see through!  You can see the outline of the mountains.  I like it like that!  
The wind was strong and at times I almost lost myself over the side!  
All my gear was secured to the ground under big rocks, but I was not!  
I feel strong!  I feel free!  
My tea pouring session does not depict a true story of the summit conditions.  The split second I was ready to pour and the shutter was to shoot, the wind abruptly stopped, then in the next split second it whipped up again. 
On the return portion of my trek, I stopped by the cairn.
When I took a closer look at it, I could see how perfectly it acted as a frame!

As I continue hiking down with the wind at my back,
For now I truly feel there is nothing I lack!
 
CANADA true north strong free


No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.