Saturday, November 21, 2020

nothing but a big pile of ......

A simple pile of rocks have played a big part in my life over the past many years!  They were also included in some of my sketches these recent months but I was piling them on paper the best way I knew how.  It was time to learn the proper technique!  While they are just a simple pile of rocks, it is more than a simple task to get them to look realistic.   After investing numerous hours in a few lessons, by George I think I've got it!  

This is what it took!  I knew I could get there one way or another!


It's a pile of rocks like these that bring joy to my life!  Just like piling them on paper is not an easy task, reaching these is not an easy task.  This is simply a single sampling showing some of the summit shots I secured over the past several seasons.  I have a hundred or so more in my collection.  Along with shedding  some blood, sweat and tears in reaching some summits, there also comes a great sense of accomplishment the second of arrival at every single pile of rocks that sits on a mountain top or at a pass or at a ridge's high point.  

Now that I feel that sense of accomplishment in laying a pile of rocks on paper and having it look realistic, I am ready to push boundaries and try my hand at replicating one of my summit shots.  Now to find the perfect one, I did say I have a hundred or so in my collection!  Stay Tuned! 


1 comment:

  1. Fantastic...it does look very realistic!!!!
    Norma

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.