Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Pearce Estates & River Walk November 11, 2020

   Remembrance Day

What a beautiful day we were gifted on this Remembrance Day.  The forecast was for bitterly cold so I went for the Pearce Estates and River Walk dressed in many layers.  My main focus was the River Walk Loop but I did stop to check out some sights around the Estates. It has been cold enough that ponds are beginning to freeze over.   
pretty sights along the Bow River

I heard a rumble off in the distance.
As the sound got closer I then saw four planes flying in formation.  
I checked my watch, it was 11:00am.  
Just before this a single military plane flew over.
There was just enough open water to produce a wonderful reflection.  
Here we have Mother Nature's frame, snow covered rocks on either side of the creek.
When I got home and downloaded this photo, it played a number with my mind! 
It's not what it appears to be at all! What does it appear to be you ask? You tell me!
The clouds look like they formed their own staircase aiming higher.  I passed by ascending the stairs....
.....in favour of hiking along the flat meandering trail through the trees.
I completed the Loop and then carried on back through Pearce Estates.  I am thankful to have had the freedom today to do what I wanted!  Who knows what is in store for tomorrow or next week or next month!  These days I try to live for the day and not take it for granted!  I'm feeling I need to say again "I wish our world to be well!" 


3 comments:

  1. Awesome images for this day of rememberance.
    A frozen shallow drain? Do tell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a railing about six inches wide at about shoulder height covered in a layer of ice.

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.