Friday, November 20, 2020

SugarMama Bobcat Fullerton November 20, 2020

It seemed like ages since I had been out into a mountainous region but it had not been, I was there last week! While at times it feels like time is flying, at other times it feels like life is standing still!  At times I feel like I am going in circles, getting no where, that's when I don't like circles! Today I liked a circle, a circle that was not perfect but rather all over the place and mis-shaped. It was a loop!  My idea of ideal for me for today was to hike along the Elbow River Trail, head up Sugar Mama, pick up the veer off onto Bobcat and then reach the intersection for Fullerton and follow it back to where I started the day.  This hike offered a space to sit, stare, savour, see, sights, sip!   

I was first to arrive at the parking lot this morning.  Early means wonderful light in the sky and a quiet trail.  The trail is a well used one with visible tracks of all kinds and this morning the tracks were covered in a light new dusting of sweet sugar.  
feeling hugged by tall trees
the morning is waking up with a golden glow 
autumn is well on the way to winter
some sights along the Sugar Mama trail
The sun was high enough to shine through the forest. 
It shone brightly onto the trail.  
The alignment was perfect for a matter of minutes.  
a chinook in the making
Before heading off onto Fullerton, I veered to the right to an open slope.
There was a spot I knew would be good to just take some time.  
It was also time for a location shot.  
These days while time seems to fly yet at the same time stand still, the hours are filled with life's happenings whether good or not so good.  Right here, right now it was time to fill some time with nothing but the right here and now!  It's time for all those "s" words:  sit, stare, savour, see, sights, sip!
When the wind picked it, it began to whip the clouds into shape!
It was time to pack up and move on up the trail.
one last stop along Fullerton 

I am once again feeling that feeling that I feel when I am full of fulfillment!     


2 comments:

  1. It is a new outfit, isn't it?
    Perfect for this fabulous circuit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HaHa It's my long underwear that I wore for warmth but it was too warm!

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.