Friday, December 25, 2020

Christmas Day Skate December 25, 2020

My skates remained at the front door ever since I had that escape to Banff a couple of weeks ago.  At that time the ice conditions on the lakes in the National Park were not safe to venture onto.  Fast forward to today, Christmas Day!  Conditions to skate at Bowness Park are ripe and I am raring to go.  I went for an early start so I could perform some ice etchings while the outdoor rink was lit in a golden glow.   

The physical distancing capacity is set at 600 for skating on the Lagoon, I shared the surface with maybe 30 others.  The ice had not yet been swept when I began skating.  The sweepers starter that task shortly after sunrise.  This was the first time I had been on my skates in years, after a few minutes it felt so good, it felt so right.  I need this activity to be a part of my life right now!  

 When I got home, I left my skates at the door!  
I have many more miles in me to etch on ice!

this is the route I covered 



1 comment:

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.