Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Tunnel Mountain December 9, 2020

Where I found the love for today!

After the rain, then the freeze, then the snow, throughout yesterday and last night plus into this morning, I was thankful I did not have to motor to my trailhead today.  That gave me more time to luxuriate in a cabin style kind of way.   When I felt good and ready to get on with the day, I exited my cabin door and swished for two kilometres through snow along a closed road aiming for the Tunnel Mountain trailhead.  The views along the road were fleeting, but when the time was right I quickly snapped a shot knowing it would be right for only a few seconds.
It was a gentle downhill swish-along through a few centimetres of untouched white gold. 
I reached the trailhead then began the ascent to the summit of Tunnel Mountain.  
I hiked up into the fog and cloud, the higher I went the thicker it became.
Oh!  Peak-a-boo! I see you!
I arrived at the Red Chairs and between them and my attire, those were the only colours that brightened this day.  The fog rolled in and out just enough to offer a not so far off view.  Three other solo hikers arrived and left, it appeared to be their morning workout routine.  I was inspired by all the frostiness, snowiness and chilliness so stayed awhile.  
This is my favourite look for those Red Chairs tucked away amongst the snow laden trees. 
I did my best at replicating that look!
Peak-a-booing again!
With all the fog doing that rolling thing, it gave a feel of a winter wonderland that was a way out there when really it's not a way out there at all and I could still not see a way out there.  It was though, time to find my way out of there.  I began the descent but not before sipping some gingerbread tea and crunching on some cranberry crackers.
performing the swish-along again on the snow covered closed road
Not far from my home away from home is the Star Wars trail that heads into the forest.  I veered off to get a little more of that forest fix then popped out to where I had a mountain and meadow view.  What a pretty place to just sit and stay awhile. 
I found a place to sit but I opted to leave this as it was and aim for a soft sofa.
wandering along on Star Wars
It was time for me to get rolling and after a hop, skip and a jump around the corner, I was back to my home away from.  I had a bit of business to take care off and this beautiful Christmas decoration was the result of that transaction.  

How perfect is that promise poem at this point in our lives!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.