Saturday, December 19, 2020

Glenbow Ranch Provincial Park December 19, 2020

A few mornings recently I was sitting on my sofa looking out the picture window watching the sun rise offer up a beautiful sky.  I wanted to be out there but it was not part of the days' plan.  Today I planned to go with hopes of there being another beautiful sky.  Two others were in the parking lot, in the dark, at Glenbow Ranch Provincial Park when I arrived and two others showed up just as I began hiking.  We would all be in for a pretty treat! 


I made a quick descent to the bottom so I could begin a slow ascent back up through Badger Bowl where I could see the sun rise above the rolling hills.  Watching this from here sure beats seeing the soft shades of sunrise from my sofa.   

With the sun now up and me now up on the open meadow on my way to McPherson Trail, 
I had the glowing orange view as far as the eye could see.  

It has been awhile since I worked my way to the far end of McPherson.  I had been before when the creek was frozen and I hoped it would be this morning.  First I had to wind my way back down more rolling hills which meant I would get to see the sun come up again.  By now the dusty pale shades of blue were developing.
views like this are so appealing to my eye
Ah! The creek was frozen!  
With a bit more elevation gain under my belt, it was time to enjoy the long stretch heading east.  A flock of Canada Geese flew back and forth, around, back again, then over there and up here, then down there!  Should they have flown south by now?
The geese landed and seemed to settle in.  
Sharing the land!
I reached the sun shelter and I settled in.  

I know I need more of these get out the door early excursions.  I find they are better for me these days.  They pave the way to a better day in my sometimes all over the place head space.  With Christmas approaching it takes work to get to that positive head space and even more work this year!    


No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.