Tuesday, December 15, 2020

when it's cold outside

There is something about being at Lake Louise during the Christmas season that ignites a warm fuzzy feeling inside me.  Over the past few years I have been fortunate enough to get to stay at this beautiful little mountain village a few times.  A couple of days before Christmas in 2017, I stayed a few nights.  At the end of each day after retreating to my home away from home, I got a fire roaring, poured a glass of my favourite white wine, opened a can of cookies which were a gift from a friend then settled in for a comfy cozy evening.  

Even while sketching this scene, I felt that warm fuzzy feeling inside me!

I am quite competent at sipping a glass of wine but I have work to do on sketching a glass of wine.  I am OK with the shape of the glass, the wine in it and some of the reflections but rendering glass is a challenge.  I glass of wine is an important item to me so I will be working on perfecting the sketch of it.   

While being out & about during that visit, these were some of the sights.  
This photo was my inspiration for the "ooh baby, it's cold outside" sketch!



4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful wintery week you had around Banff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely time at such a beautiful place!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I hope that for you too! It is a beautiful place!

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.