Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Fish Creek Park Hike & Picnic December 30, 2020

We picked today to celebrate the New Year and all the good we hope for throughout it!  I suggested a walk and my sister suggested a picnic.  I recommended a location and my sister recommended the menu.  I picked a day, she picked the time.  I brought the picnic wares and chairs, my sister baked and brought the food.  I cooked, my sister served.  We both wished for warm weather, a sunny sky, pretty scenery and an enjoyable several hours savouring sister time.    

We met at the Hull's Wood Parking Lot at Fish Creek Provincial Park which was the perfect location to hike along the Bow River and to have our picnic afterwards.  I am "winter" my sister is "summer", we are so very different in many ways yet so alike in others.  I am proud of her for finding ways to live a fulfilling life while having to stay local this winter in the cold north.  She lead the way along the trail opting for the boot beaten route along the riverside instead of a plowed pathway.  
  Where it was safe we veered down closer to the Bow River.
Our start time was perfect for viewing the frostiness and fogginess.
We worked out way to a cleared pathway and followed alongside the Blue Devil Golf Course.  This was of interest to my sister as golfing is her choice sport and has played the Blue Devil.  It was pretty along here with the trees dressed in winter white and the sun still low enough that it peeked through the branches.
some sights along the way
We reached our turn around point.  The fog had lifted and we were presented with clear views.
We arrived back at the parking lot and it was now time to gather all our picnic gear and select a table to set up our site.  Our spot was a sunny one where someone had already cleared the snow away.  There was loads of room for our chairs and to spread everything out on the table.  I got busy boiling water for my chai tea and her orange pekoe while my sister sorted and served the boursin garlic & fine herbs cheese with potato crackers.  We settled in the chairs, wrapped in the hand woven wool Prince Edward Island blankets.  

We savoured every single sister second and the sun on our faces.  We shared several stories while sipping.   Time came to get the main course prepared.  I got my other stove going to heat the chili that my sister made.  She also baked biscuits and brought some cheese to sprinkle on top of our dish.  I asked for two biscuits, I received those to have now and also eight others to bring home.  We enjoyed two servings each of the chili.  
Not ready to pack up yet, we made more tea and this time I pared my tea with cookies and grapes.  We still had stories to share so carried on with catching up, solving problems, laughing and just enjoying sister time out in nature.  Like I mentioned before, I am "winter", my sister is "summer" yet with the right gear my sister can veer to my playing field.  I have to mention, I am donned in a hat and scarf of one color that my sister made for me.  

We had a good day and a good time and we hope this good carries on into each day to come.  Through these wacky weeks on end, my sister and I have spent more time together than ever.  Even during this weird time wonderfulness works its way into your world.  Thank you for being you! Thank you for being there for me!  Thank you for being every thing a big sister is!  


2 comments:

  1. I should be thanking you! If it wasn’t for you I would never have ventured to this places in the city that I knew nothing about! It has been wonderful to spend these times with you ❤️ Norma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe there are still places we have not visited yet that would be new to you.

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.