Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Banff National Park The Ink Pots December 7, 2021

While leaving Johnston Canyon behind and aiming for the Ink Pots, the sky began to brighten up.  

It was turning into an absolutely beautiful day. 
Thankfully others had been on days prior and beat a path through the snow. 
 It made for a much easier trek. 
 I gained elevation, then lost it, gained more back and lost it! 
Finally after loosing the last of what I gained...
...I arrived at level elevation with the Ink Pots.
This is exactly what I hoped for !  I felt elated!  The Ink Pots never fully freeze.
 a close up view shows the pretty snow flower formations near the frozen edges 
When there are no others on the pathways here, I can take the time to set up my tripod.
Views like this leave me speechless.
I took tonnes of time to "Remember to breathe"!
There are numerous little bridges that cross the creeks between the Ink Pots.
There were a few Gray Jays flying about.  These birds are used to being fed by people.  This one sat on the bench near me when I settled to have my lunch.  It got no treats from me.  While they can be annoying for some people, they are not for me.  They are cute little balls of feathers!
view while having my lunch
play time
I took photos, I ate, I played, it was now time to pack up and hit the trail back.  By now two fellows arrived.  Also two Gray Jays arrived on a tree beside me when I looked back.  They were still looking for treats but I was not sharing what I had left from my lunch.  
looking back as I left the Ink Pots behind and began the uphill climb

The trek back was just as beautiful.  Other than the two fellows who arrived at The Ink Pots when I was leaving, I met three other solo hikers heading into The Pots.  It remained quiet in the Canyon itself when I hiked back through it.  It took a matter of a couple of minutes to gear down once back at my vehicle and then a short drive back to my home away from home.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.