Friday, December 3, 2021

Glenbow Ranch Provincial Park December 3, 2021

After a two day break, it was time to lace up those boots that were made for walking!  Surely my new winter tires would be suffice to get me down that long winding dirt road, that would be covered in snow and ice, to where I could hike around Glenbow Ranch.  In a gingerly-like manner I made it there!   I was a little late for being on the trail for sunrise.  Just before driving the dip down into the valley, I pulled over to watch the new day begin. 

It was necessary to sport all my layers after exiting my car.  Then I slip slidded away out of the parking lot over to the trail head.  It has been months since I visited this place and I was not sure until the last second which trails I wanted to cover.  I headed east, south and then east again.    
up on Yodel with a view of the Rocky Mountains behind me
The far off views were stunning and I admired them yet I found myself focusing on the finer details created by Mother Nature.  It snowed just enough that everything was dressed in a light layer of winter white.    
It was cold enough to turn the moisture into ice.  This ice formation attached to the bard-wired fence is about an inch in size and is quite a work of art created by Mother Nature. 
For now these icicles are solid but when the sun starts to shine bright the dripping will begin.
a white sparkly frame
I wondered how did this ice design get to be in this spot and look like that!
The bucks and does were plentiful in the park!  
After winding my way down off Yodel, I hit the trail that heads west.  No one had been since the new snow fell.  There must have been some wind but not a strong one because a faint trail did remain visible.
the clouds look as fluffy as the snow
a view even further west
At the top of the hill after climbing up out of the valley, a lone tree stands.  To me it looks like it begs to be decorated.   I think it is the snow that gives that look, because I don't think that during other seasons.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.