Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Skate etching & sketching December 22, 2021

My mind mulled over how to create some kind of unique signature.  That was as far as I got.  A few days passed with still no vision of what I wanted it to look like.  Then, just like that, the mulling began to produce ideas and this is the outcome.  I rendered a version of my blue skates. I tried to sketch two identical skates but at different angles and had no luck with making the second skate the same as the first.  Then I had a light bulb moment!  I sketched one skate, laid a piece of wax paper over it and traced an outline onto the wax paper, placed the outline where I wanted the second skate to be then traced the outline.  Voila, two identical enough skates!  The original sketch measures five inches by five inches.  I'm happy with the look and feel it is a cute touch to include with my skating blog posts!    


A right time arrived for a second opportunity to skate at Bowness Park.  My intentions were to begin at The Ice Trail, skate there until my heart was content and then skate along the connecting trails over to The Lagoon and have a whirl around there.  Right now the set up is different than it was last season, there are no connecting trails.  Maybe that will change as the days pass.  I was too lazy to change back into my boots, walk the five minutes over to The Lagoon and then put my skates back on.   What I did instead was double the distance on The Ice Trail then what I covered last week.  

With in a matter of about five minutes of skating, I stopped to capture photos of The Ice Trail lit up.  I got two pictures then the lights went out, I am assuming for the balance of the daylight hours.  Next time, I will have to arrive earlier.  

Once the lights went out and the snow sweeper finished her job, then the flooder truck began doing loops.  I like it when the lights are lit, yet I love skating on freshly flooded ice.  I want both!  Here are a few photos from my thirteen kilometre skate this morning.





My skates are once again sitting on the floor by my front door.  With what weather is forecasted for the next few days, only time will tell when I will lace up again!  





1 comment:

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.