Friday, December 10, 2021

Hadrian's Wall Virtual Challenge Complete December 10, 2021

With a meagre 5.4 kilometres left to bring me to the finish line of the virtual challenge my intentions were to do a small hike in the Banff area yesterday before driving home but the weather forecast for the area got the better of me and my focus turned to just getting home.  I headed to Nose Creek instead this morning at the first light of day and covered that distance the quickest I ever have except during my days as a runners.  


The finish location was at Bowness-on-Solway.  When I see that name, my thoughts go to wondering if the Ice Trail at Bowness is ready for skating yet. 
the completed route in blue
the finish line marked by the checkered flag
The Kings Arms Inn is located near the finish line and came recommended as the virtual place to take a rest and enjoy a home cooked meal prepared by the family owners.  


the last postcard
three final virtual views all near water

This chart now highlights all eight challenges I  completed.   


I will now try my best to walk away from these virtual challenges but they are additive so time will tell how much success I have at that. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.