Monday, December 20, 2021

Christmasy Creativity

The thoughts of being nestled all comfy and cozy in a cabin in the woods brings on such a joyous warm feeling.  I have experienced it and I like to remember those times.  I also enjoy rendering those moments so much so that the numerous brown shades in my pencil tin have been replenished twice already.  If you follow my blog you will have seen a number of sketches that include cabins of some sort.  This time I veered a bit off track from sketching a comfy cabin in the woods and sketched a Christmasy cozy birdhouse in a backyard.    



On the side of the table sits a  7" X 10" coiled mix media sketch book. It's always open to a blank page for when the mood hits.  I love lots of bright cheerful vivid colour but there is something about simple basic black lines that appeal to me also.   I wondered how do I add that Christmasy feel to a black india ink sketch and still keep it simple and basic.  The box with the bow on it and the gold in the street lantern bring me to that feeling!  

When I began coloured pencil sketching early last year, it brought so much pleasure right away.  Creativity has been such a healthy escape.  For something a little different, I branched out to work with india ink and knew right away sketching with this medium was something I wanted to invest more time in.   Another medium has peaked my interest and I look forward to experimenting with that in the days to come.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.