Tuesday, June 4, 2024

Amsterdam, The Netherlands June 4, 2024



Good Morning Amsterdam!

I was confused when I woke this morning, it was light out when I rolled over and looked out the window! I missed sunrise but caught  the calm waters and pretty reflections.   I had a good long sleep, could that mean I am now on Amsterdam time!  The Grebe was busy doing its morning thing while I was doing mine, drinking coffee. I like the back of the head profile!

There were a few items on my hit list for today, the main one was to invest euros in some stores. I had much success with that in the Dam Square area.  This location has lots of history and nice architecture but I’m not much into that so my investment in those categories was slim.  I like the colourful structures on the shopping bag.

The long narrow winding streets went on forever, with store after store after store.  This was one of the many that called my name.  During yesterday’s canal cruise, I had a few mini stroopwafels that were really just a tease. Today I bought my first official Stroopwafel and it was warm.  Dam Square was just a short walk away so I ventured back there to sit and savour my stroopwafel and people watch.

Today I learned that a coffee shop in Amsterdam is not a place where you buy coffee!  I’m not into happy weeds but I felt kind of happy after smelling so much of it today.  Yes, that restaurant is crooked, it doesn’t look that way because I may be happily high!
As my walk went on, things straightened out but there is still a tiny lean to this building,  I was back to walking along straight streets that were beside canals.

uniquely painted picnic tables at this restaurant

For those of you who have been on a river cruise, does this bring back memories?  There were four of these boats docked at the harbour,  

They looked tiny compared to the Norwegian Prima.

Well, my dogs were beginning to bark, it was time to head back to my home away from home, get my socks and shoes off then put my feet up! Rest for me but not her,  she’s off to her music lesson!  

Even though my feet are up, my mind is still working!  

Early to bed tonight, for an early rise tomorrow!  


Stay Tuned!

10 comments:

  1. A uniquely written post of your day in Amsterdam. One year we flew from Ireland to Geneva, through thick, thick cloud. As we got closer, some peaks appeared out of the cloud. When we landed, everyone clapped and cheered the pilot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I did a day walk out towards the Innsbruck airport, it put everything into perspective and I could understand the challenge for pilots landing here. I love when peaks appear out of clouds!

      Delete
  2. Amsterdam is such a beautiful city. I’m glad you are enjoying your trip so far. Fabulous photos. I look forward to more. B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is so much to see in Amsterdam let alone visiting the surrounding areas. I only touched a very very tiny area!

      Delete
  3. Amsterdam ✔️….am curious about the plane ride! Norma ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amsterdam was such a great place to take a few days to get on track time-wise. Great pilots, would not have know anything out of the ordinary other than preparing for descending a longer time in advance.

      Delete
  4. Hello,
    Beautiful photos and a nice tour of Amsterdam! Have fun, safe travels.
    Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! So much fun and felt safe everywhere!

      Delete
  5. Congrats on your wonderful trip! Keep posting all the neat photos and have fun!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.