Thursday, June 6, 2024

Innsbruck, Austria. June 6, 2024


Note:  I have not been able to reply to your comments from my iPad, so will do so upon my arrival home.

I crossed my fingers and said a prayer that this would be the best weather day while I was in Innsbruck because it was the day I would be taking a funicular, then two cable cars then a short steep hike up to Hafelekarspitze. The views from the funicular ride were wonderful but I saw absolutely nothing while on the first cable car ride as we passed through total cloud cover.  Upon arrival at Seegrube, I stepped out of the cable car to this view. I felt like I was walking on clouds. 
Before jumping on the next cable car, I went for a little hike. 
This is looking back down at the cable car station.
The stones with the Austrian flag painted on them mark the trail route.

following the trail
The sheep were napping already.

After returning the way I came, it was time for the second cable car ride to go even high.  There was a short section of snow to hike through then it was stepping stones to the very stop.

The sheep had bells on.

view from the top 

This is my summit shot!  The beginning of the Dolomites in Italy are in the clouds in the left of this photo which is to the south.  In June of 2019, I was somewhere over there.  
That’s Innsbruck down there.

After taking care of all the summit business, I took the stepping stones back down to where there were numerous places to veer off to see the sights.  This is looking towards Germany which is at middle left partially covered in clouds.
sitting for awhile and taking it all in

Time came to leave the summit behind and take the cable car back down to Seegrube.  I was ready to settle in and savour sights, schnitzel and sips.  Talk about a table with a view!
My view while dining!

people were parasailing

Eventually I caught the cable car down to the funicular and then the funicular down to the station and from there it was a ten minute walk back to my home away from home.  I cleaned up put my feet up for awhile then headed back out to do some sitting and savouring.  

sitting and savouring a glass of wine at an outdoor bar

then sitting and savouring an apfelstrudel 

 How perfect a day it was with all the wonderful sights, sounds, summiting, sipping & savouring!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful scenic views, gorgeous photos. The strudel looks yummy. Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The strudel was the best and I bought it at such a cute little strudel cafe!

      Delete
  2. WOW, what an amazing day full of s’s! ❤️ Norma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of those days where I say pinch me is this for real!

      Delete
  3. Stunning! Exhilerating! Magical! ...............

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All those things and yes.............so much more!

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.