Friday, June 7, 2024

Innsbruck, Austria. June 7, 2024


Today was filled with twenty-two kilometres of promenading, some shopping in between, sipping here and there, seeing pretty sights and just living the life.  I opted for a later start as laziness settled in at the start of the day. Once I got going, I really got going!   Between promenading, I sashayed through the shopping district which was wow and meandered around looking at the towers, monuments, architecture then strolled through a beautiful public gardens.  I will share my promenading photos.

It was a hot humid day, best to make sure your water bottle is full.




I arrived at the second promenade which was the one I was most interested in. 


I eventually reached the airport.  That’s it right there in the middle.  Seeing it from this angle put into perspective why it is a difficult airport to land at.  The day I landed here, I could see out the window that we were very very low for an extended period.  Once the wheels touched down, in a matter of a few seconds we were coming to a halt, then a few seconds of taxiing was all there was.  It was like the plane was stopped in the middle of a small parking lot.  We walked down the stairs, across the short tarmac and into the airport.  While on the tarmac, it felt like if I reached out, I would touch the mountains, 
I carried on along the promenade for another while enjoying the pasture scenes.


Upon my return to the Old Town, I stopped off for a beer and a bite to eat.

Shopping came next along with taking in all the non promenading sights.  The route towards the next promenade went by where I hopped on the first cable car yesterday.  This was the entrance and then down an escalator.
view while walking through the public gardens
I was up on those mountain peaks yesterday 
I zoomed in as far as I could and that was just enough to be able to see where I had lunch yesterday.

views from the next promenade 
 


After all the promenading, it was time for a promenade cap!


8 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful land. My daughter visits every summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see why she visits every summer! A few people I met from Germany visit Austria every summer also. I could easily see myself going back!

      Delete
  2. Great photos to capture all your promenading, sashaying, shopping & sipping!!!! ❤️ Norma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such an enjoying place to be to sight see and just hang out!

      Delete
  3. This looks so great here with you... what a beautiful trip...
    I love Austria, especially the mountains :-) including Austrians :-)))
    I'll keep rolling here with you and see where you started...
    Good luck to you and thank you for the wonderful photos.
    A hug for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree there is much to love about the Austrian people and oh those mountains! Love! Love! Love!

      Delete
  4. Catching up with all your photos. Looks like a fabulous area to be visiting. Enjoy. B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fabulous here in every way, the sights, the people, the food!

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.