Monday, June 10, 2024

Neustift, Austria June 10, 2024


The time has come to put my “save the day” skills to the test! All the low cloud cover and rain is happening as forecasted for the Stubaital Valley here in Austria.  There has been lots of moisture over the past weeks, the river is running very high and everything that is green is the greenest of greens, lush and fragrant.  This morning while the rain fell, I strolled the main road to look in a couple of shops.  This was my take away from one of the shops.  It says “key to my heart”!


Before going for that stroll, the morning started with a buffet breakfast at my nature resort. The morning greeting is provided by way of a newsletter, printed in English for me.  It contains the weather forecast, events occurring during the day, historical facts and the dinner menu where I check off my choice.   

While the rain fell, I became a balcony birder. I was sheltered so able to sit outside with my camera in hand and see what I could see.  While I heard lots of bird songs, I was not able to spot them all.  This is an Eurasian Blue Tit.
Eurasian Blackbird

There came a short window of opportunity to be out & about so I jumped at the chance.  I took the Elfer Cable Car, same one as yesterday, to wander around at the top for awhile.  This is the view down to Neustift from part way up,
the Sundial
a cow with a bell on coming to greet me, I like how the two front legs are black

wildflowers

Wildflower 

After an hour or so, the cloud rolled in and the rain began to fall. That was my signal to head back down on the cable car.  The station is a couple of minutes of walking to my resort and a ride a day is included in my stay.  This is a piece of art that hangs by my bed, bet a little rain did not deter him to turn back.

Nap time!  Count sheep to fall asleep! That is actually what I did.  This is my view while laying in bed, it is hard to see but that green pasture slope is scattered with sheep.
Once again the sky cleared somewhat so I headed back out for an 8 km walk. 
These are some views along the way. 


a Black Redstart
That is the Elferhutte at top left.  I passed by that yesterday while hiking.  I would like to venture back up that way.  I will see what the weather has in store over the next number of days.
Dinner is at seven each evening and the first of four courses is a salad.

I declare I still have great skills when it comes to being tasked to “save the day”!


4 comments:

  1. I’ve been watching the weather and wondering what impact it has had on your adventure. So glad you are finding opportunities to get out and about. Here’s to some better weather 🤞. ❤️ Norma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still go no matter what, I've got the right clothes for all the weather conditions!

      Delete
  2. Okay, dinner at seven but do you know how to use all the cutlery?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Ha! At dinner on the last night was the first time I did not end up with an extra knife!

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.