Thursday, June 13, 2024

Neustift, Austria June 13, 2024


 morning coffee on my balcony paired nicely with the alpenglow
After the best night of sleep yet on this trip and then an extra hearty breakfast, I was raring to get hiking!  The Cable Car starts running at 9:00am, at 9:05 I was in a line up with paragliders on our way up to an adventure. This was today’s view on the ride up!

paragliders getting their gear ready

I received a welcome song from this Black Redstart.

The planned route for today took me by the Elferhutte which I hiked by on Sunday. 
A cute sight!

wood carving at the side of the hutte

picnic tables with a view outside the hutte

 checking out that view 

So, after ascending above the hutte, hiking through the trees, along a ledge, then up a scrabbly section, the destination high point came fully and clearly into view. See that lower peak in the middle, the plan was to go there.  
After assessing what I could see of the route to get there and seeing where the cross was when I zoomed in, I made the decision this was not for me.  The company I booked this tour with recommended this hike and the details described it as not being difficult.. 
I hiked a short bit further up and then picked a turn around point and worked my way back down at times having to use my hands for balance and support. When I reached a comfortable spot, I went for a destination shot.

If I can’t go there then I will go somewhere else.  So off I went in another direction.
wildflower 
seeing people on the trail ahead
After capturing this photo, once again I turned back but this time because there was a junction a little distance back, and the route veering off it look inviting. 
It’s view like this along the Sonnenzeit Trail that drew me in.  
I could fix up that shack quite nicely!
See that little tiny white building down below in the meadow? 
That’s where I had beer and apfelstrudel yesterday,
view of the Stubai Valley down below

the paragliders were out in full force today 

A few switchbacks down and I will be back at the Cable Car Station 
for the ride back down to the valley.

My route is in red.


Reward time on my balcony!



6 comments:

  1. I am loving all your Austria posts! I'm traveling to Switzerland in September and can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. September will be here before you know it! I am excited for you for your trip to Switzerland!

      Delete
  2. So happy to see you got some nicer weather! And good decision to change your route, that looked difficult to me. Breath taking views and memories of a lifetime! ❤️Norma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That route was rated with a black circle which is their rating for difficult! I may have done it here but not on my own in a foreign country.

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.