Saturday, June 15, 2024

Neustift & Innsbruck, Austria June 15, 2024


When I saw this view once I walked out onto my balcony first thing this morning, I sat with my coffee and luxuriated longer than all other mornings here. Time was on my side as I was not rushing to catch the cable car. 

After luxuriating, after breakfast and after packing my suitcase, I went for a two hour walk along the path that runs through Neustift and onto the next village.  The early morning light cast gorgeous colours.
not sure what those stacks of grass are

a white wag tail
European Goldfinch
Black Redstart 

a beautiful morning for a wander along Austrian paths 

I waited until almost deadline time to check out. I was not in a hurry to leave.  The resort offered me shuttle service to my hotel in Innsbruck and I accepted.  How lucky, once again my room was ready early. I was given a corner room with this view out one window…..

…..and this view out the other window!  The view above is down one of the streets in Old Town Innsbruck.  That yellow/gold roof in the middle at far end is the famous Golden Roof Palace.

I had a late lunch beside the Golden Roof Palace, at the restaurant with the grey canopies.  Wedding after wedding after wedding took place at the Palace today, and the wedding parties emerged from the front door after their ceremonies.  It was great entertainment!  

my beverage 

schnitzel and potato salad 

I luxuriated long over the late lunch!  Next on the agenda was to spend some time strolling the streets of Old Town, shop a little then retreat to my sweet suite for the night!


2 comments:

  1. Would that be an Aperol spritz? Yum. And the size of that schnitzel-WOW! ❤️Norma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is one of those drinks! I had one also when I was in Innsbruck a few days back.

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.