Sunday, June 2, 2024

Amsterdam Austria Adventure June 2024

During September of last year while wandering about in a local Victoria, British Columbia book store, this journal called my name and I had to have it!  The thoughts of a trip to Austria had already begun to play around in my mind.  This journal would be perfect to document the planning journey and the actual adventure, if it did all come to fruition.  Fast forward nine months and a dream is now becoming a reality! 

Over the past few days, I have been taking care of the final touches.  It was the colour that caught my eye first, but when I checked the label for the shade name, it called my name and I had to have it!  How fitting is this "check in to check out"!


After two stops along the way, for a few days at each, 
I will then be making "my home away from home" for a little while, in this village.  

Back in an April blog post, I shared these words and this painting.  "These splashes and swipes of paint represent a logo I designed. There's more to this than meets the eye!  That's all I will say for now!  Stay tuned!"  Now I am ready to say more!  The three "A's" stand for Amsterdam Austria Adventure.  The highlight of the whole trip is the third location represented by the largest of the "A's" which also stands for "adventure".  The tops of the "A's" represent mountain peaks and the long swipe through the middle to complete the "A's" represents hills and valleys.  The beginning and ending of each of the "A's" and the beginning and ending of the long swipe all finish off with an upward turn which represents positivity, upbeat, happiness.  Of course, the logo had to be done in orange, lots of you already know, orange is my favourite colour.  

 Stay Tuned!


14 comments:

  1. Sounds like an awesome trip! Looking forward to hearing about your adventure. Take care, have a great day and happy week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alexandra, My curiosity is going full speed. Let me take a guess at your home away from home ... Could it be the Stubai Valley in Tyrol, Austria? Wow, can't wait to hear more ... I'll stay tuned! :-) John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stubai Valley exactly and oh what a valley it was!

      Delete
  3. I’m looking forward to hearing about your forthcoming adventure. Enjoy. B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How amazing! I can't wait to read about it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a way more amazing than I expected it to be!

      Delete
  5. Very creative! Love how it all ties together. Norma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It felt like a journey itself coming up with this post, especially the logo.

      Delete
  6. Go to You Tube and look for Austrian folk music. It's great stuff and will give you the cheerful mood of Austria.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was so much, in addition to folk music, to get me in a cheerful mood while in Austria!

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.