Sunday, May 15, 2022

Spain April 19 - May 11, 2022 Boat Ride to Malgrat de Mar

This was the view one morning while I was walking along My Beach.  I saw this boat pull away from the beach and head north.  I was curious so headed to the area where it pulled away from, walked up the boardwalk to the promenade and found a kiosk with a Spanish english speaking lady working at it.  I inquired about the boat ride and quite quickly a plan was developed. 
Two days later on a most beautiful morning, I headed to that kiosk, bought a one way boat ride ticket to Malgrat de Mar with intentions to walk back.  I walked to this seaside village prior but this time I would ride a boat there.  Here comes my ride!
The boat pulled up to the edge of the beach, lowered the deck and I was welcomed aboard.
looking back to the south end of My Beach where we took off from
beautiful Calella 

passing by Pineda de Mar
seaside village of Santa Sussana 
I sat on the upper deck where I could feel the sun on my face and the sea breeze through my hair.
taken from the back of the boat
there goes the train
coming up to my stop at Malgrat de Mar which is around that rock formation and then inland
The boat pulled up to the beach, lowered the deck and off I walked.
I walked through the sand to the boardwalk and then up to the walkway.  
By now the boat is on its way further north.
After a short time on the walkway, I headed back down to the beach and walked home.

It was so nice to be able to get a view of the beaches and seaside villages from out on the Mediterranean Sea.  The distance on the boat was 8kms and my stop was the fourth.  It was a good amount of time to be out in the elements on this sunny hot day and it was confirmed too, that I still have my sea legs.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.