Friday, May 13, 2022

Spain April 19 - May 11, 2022 My Beach

After settling in, attempting a few hours of sleep, percolating a cup of coffee, meeting our hosts, I then went down to the sea!  It was a cold damp windy welcome but nevertheless, I felt I must go down to the Mediterranean Sea!  It was roughly a seven minute walk from my home away from home down a narrow store/apartment lined Spanish style street.  During my first walk in the sand, little did I know how many hours would fill my soul strolling the beach at Calella.  I called it My Beach!   

my friend captured this photo as I welcomed the sea with open arms

This is a view from a boat ride I took looking at Calella, Spain, 
a seaside village that would be my home away from home for three weeks.

during many of my seaside strolls, I collected beach glass

I already felt the love for this place.

my footprints in the sand during an early morning walk

That first visit I had to the sea was the only day where it was windy damp and cold.  
After that it became warm, hot, then unusually hot.  
I had the sun on my toes and sand between them.  
My Beach was the cleanest beach I have ever seen.  It was manicured on a regular basis.
watching the sailors sailing the sea
I loved every minute I spent getting my fill of the sand and sea and sights!
fishing boats ready for the day
fishing boats
This is a view looking back and down onto the many kilometres stretching north along My Beach.
a local police station 
there were a few beach clubs along the few kilometre stretch
looking south towards the lighthouse sitting high on the hill 
some of the beach glass I collected
one of the many board walks leading to and from the village
they are swept daily
a day with crashing waves
at the base of the hill that holds the Calella lighthouse
gorgeous morning light along My Beach
the nautical club that rents out all kinds of water sports equipment
freshly groomed and manicured
a rocky shore at the south end of My Beach
a glowing piece of green beach glass
a Sunday morning swim for the local swim club
they were in wet suits and still loudly voiced the cold feeling when they entered 
one day this was my ride
enjoying the rocky section
on their paddle boards
enjoying his jet ski ride
For more than half of the days at Calella, my morning started with a two to three hour walk on My Beach. 

There is something about a beach, the ocean, a sea, sand and sun that works wonders for my soul.  I think that stems from it being a part of my routes growing up in Nova Scotia and spending so much time near the water.  While walking My Beach in Calella filled many hours, many more days and hours were spent seeing the Spanish sights north, south and west of Calella.  A favourite place for me was the Costa Brava!  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.