Thursday, May 26, 2022

Wyndham Carseland Comfort Camping May 23 - May 26, 2022

The last place I feel like I want to be at, is anywhere in the city!  With a wonderful weather forecast and full vacancy for Comfort Camping at Wyndham Carseland Provincial Park, I signed up for three nights.   I enjoyed the experience here last August and at that time knew I would land back here one day.  This time though I stayed for three nights.  I checked in just before four and while doing so, the host came by in his golf cart to see that everything was AOK and to let him know if I needed anything.  I needed nothing more than what I brought and just being away from the city was more than enough!  

I arrived too early to check in so ventured along the path that went by the comfort camping units so I could see my home away from home.  This is looking at it from the pathway.  I zoomed in with my camera and could see the zippers had been unlocked.  I could check in if I wanted to but I first strolled the trail towards the main campground to see how things were there.  It was quiet!  

This is the inside of my unit after unpacking and setting it up.  The right photo shows a view through the screen.  The bottom photo shows the view when I stayed inside reading for a couple of hours while a rain shower passed over.  I was thankful they provide an electric heater, I turned it on when I woke each morning.  The three nights of sleep were the best I have had in ages other than the sleeps I had while in Spain.   

Mornings and evenings are all about a fire!  I enjoyed coffee by the fire, reading by it, sipping wine by it, journaling by it and chugging beer while eating chips by it.  Even doing nothing but being by it was nice!   


These are just a few of my favourite scenery photos I took while walking the trails.  
The provincial park sits between prairie land and the Bow River.  



 



I knew the birding would be fabulous!  I created two collages below that show just some of the species I saw.  There were numerous others but for one reason or another I liked these ones the best.  I have recorded what kind each is but I feel too lazy to type in all the names here.

In addition to birding, walking the trails, sitting by the fire, I also enjoyed lots of time reading.  I purchased the book before going to Spain with the intentions of it being my book to read for that trip, getting there, while there and for the flight home.  I got through six pages during that entire three week stretch.  What I needed was lots of quiet, down time to truly get lost in it, and I had great success with that!

I am home now and feeling refreshed and full of fresh air!  
I am ready to take on the city once again!  



1 comment:

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.