Saturday, May 14, 2022

Spain April 19 - May 11, 2022 Figueres & Dali Museum

When I was at university, I took an elective course in Art History and studied the works of Salvador Dali. I learned who he was and what he was all about.  Today I had a ticket to enter the Dali Museum in Figueres.  Museums are not my thing but seeing the Dali Museum is a thing!   This is the entrance and we just needed to wait a few minutes for our timed entrance.
It did not take long once inside when it was confirmed that yes museums are not my thing.  I was there, inside with a paid ticket so I bit the bullet and made the best of it.  This is a view inside yet open above.
view very early on once inside

I was not having much success with biting the bullet!  The spaces were small, the crowds were enormous, there was no space to be had,  the sooner this was over with the better.  I did admire a few of Dali's pieces and learned the meaning within some of the pieces, seeing the picture within the picture.   
on the ceiling
my favourite and the most normal looking piece of art
As the end was near inside, I could not get outside quick enough.  Whew, I survived! Now I could breathe again and enjoy the journey.  After exiting the museum, this was the view of the outside. 

Give me those cobblestone streets, with pretty colours and unique storefronts!  
It was time to explore the streets of Figueres and this I knew was what I liked and where I belonged.  
a wide open pedestrian mall
spring colours with a slight breeze on a most beautiful day
roadways and walkways winding through this lovely village
Figueres has character and characters!
fronts of businesses
front of the Inn
After seeing all that Figueres had to offer, it was time to head on home to Calella!

For our drive home, we would follow close to the sea and the small villages of the Costa Brava.  
I looked forward to an easy day of seaside sitting and strolling.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.