Saturday, May 14, 2022

Spain April 19 - May 11, 2022 Walk to Sant Pol de Mar

The first village south of Calella is called Sant Pol de Mar (de Mar means of the sea) and is within walking distance if you follow the beaches, walking paths and sidewalks.  Round trip is roughly 13kms which includes a few short detours.  There is the option to take the train back as the station is located pretty much sea side.  It's a fishing village with white houses and narrow streets, rocky bays and beautiful beaches.  I was up at sunrise and out the door an hour or so later which was my favourite time of day here in Calella.

  walking the promenade alongside My Beach
I am aiming for those stairs that are to the left of the Calella sign on the slope.

view walking up the staircase
view north to Calella and My Beach from the top of the staircase
this beach stretches a few kilometres and is where I collected beach glass
There are pathways and sidewalks that hug the edge the whole way to Sant Pol de Mar.  When I leaned over the railing, I saw this climbing wall. Others told me they walked by here later and saw climbers.  This is such an ideal setting and so different from the location of climbing walls I see here in Alberta.  
one of many little beaches along the way
some of these smaller beaches were popular for nude sunbathers
on the way back I opted out of photographing the nudists
that is Sant Pol de Mar in the distance behind me
on the way back I noticed this was the location for a fashion photo shoot
at times they spread their wings to stretch or dry
a White Wagtail
these were plentiful
getting closer to Sant Pol de Mar
I detoured off the walkway to the water to stroll the beach for a bit.
The walkway is up along the stone wall to the middle right.
view while down by the sea
artist in action
I took a break here and sat for awhile to just watch the water. 
arriving at Sant Pol de Mar
homes and church in the village
road biking is a very big thing
on the way back to Calella, I crossed over a bridge and this was the view
the walkway goes around that hill on the left
looking down at the bridge I crossed in the centre
I followed a trail uphill to these two stone towers
view from where the towers are looking down onto the lighthouse on the right and Calella

After arriving back to Calella, I strolled the beach instead of walking the promenade.  By the time I made it to my apartment, it was pool time and shortly there after, happy hour time which took place daily from 5:00pm to 7:00pm.  Supper time was next either at a local restaurant, take out or a meal from the grocery store.    


No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.