Sunday, June 13, 2021

city nature

 Fish Creek Provincial Park

After wandering around for awhile, I then headed back to the parking lot to meet my sister so we could wander together.  We headed off from The Ranch trying to follow close to the Bow River as much as possible.  It was a hot humid morning and the river air felt refreshing.    


While catching up on lifes' happenings and while attempting to solve our world's problems, we also took in all the beautiful sights and sounds.  I watched a Mom Common Merganser watch her young ones perform their precision single file swim-by.  The American White Pelicans performed their own version of precision, a fly-by.  They also took time to groom and freshen up on this hot morning.  It pays to stick to the dirt paths by the water, that's where we spotted the Blue Heron.  



Birth Forest & Nose Creek

I was keen to get going with adding more kilometres to my Cote d'Azur challenge.  As the days pass, this area out my front door becomes more alive.  I like that within a matter of a few minutes I can go from big city dwelling to an escape from reality where I can get lost in nature.     


The Sparrow was vocally in high spirits this morning.  Being a warm day, I spent more time following Nose Creek.  This was my first time for seeing a Gray Catbird.  I checked out that special spot that holds lots of heart-shaped and heart-felt sentiments.  Someone planted a single orange flower and also close by was an orange bouquet.



1 comment:

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.