Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Kruger Park Virtual Challenge Complete June 9, 2021

At the start of today I had 7.8 kilometres left to get me to the finish line of the Kruger Park Virtual Challenge.  My intention at the start of this particular journey was that it would take me into August to complete it.  Then I adjusted my goal finish time to somewhere around the last day of spring and first day of summer.  With rain in the forecast for this afternoon and well into tomorrow, I now just wanted it done!    I hit The Great Trail just out my front door, left my camera at home, put my feet to the ground and quickly covered 8.6 kms which was more than enough. After entering my distance once I got back home, I then received my finisher's certificate.  My medal will arrive by courier in a couple of weeks.   

no more red, just pure blue from the start to the checkered flag covering 412 kms
With beautiful weather here in Alberta, amazing places to go, wonderful sights to see, 
my motivation level was on high and I was able to cross the finish line well before my cut off date. 
the finish line was at a beautiful picnic spot along the river


These are the last two postcards that turned the flag upright on my mailbox, 
so I send them from here to you. 

The virtual views along this route were not great at all which was very disappointing.  Those at The Conqueror listened to our feedback and decided to make changes to the Kruger Park Challenge.  It is no longer available in its original offered challenge but will come out again down the road after being revamped for improvement.  

Reality wise, the views I encountered while hiking and walking the 412 kms since starting this challenge on April 13th,  have been outstanding, there were many golden moments,  unforgettable seconds in time, pretty, beautiful, breathtaking, every step taken lead me towards being more happy and healthy!


I have completed three virtual challenges to date which add up to 1001.1 kms.  That distance is made up from walking, hiking and a portion of the distances covered while skating and x-c skiing. That number does not include the distance I covered before starting my first challenge on January 4th.  

I want to do another challenge, I just need to go through the list and pick out which one looks appealing to take on in a day or so.  

Stay Tuned!



1 comment:

  1. Congrats…1000 KMs….well done! Norma

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.