Monday, June 28, 2021

Moraine Lake & The Rockpile June 28, 2021

It was time to attack that plan I put in place to escape the sweltering city heat!  After checking in and unloading my car, I then headed to Moraine Lake near Lake Louise in Banff National Park.  I knew at this time of the evening there would be no issue with getting a place to park. The lot was less than half full when I arrived and after parking, I made quick business of getting on my feet and over to the shore of Moraine Lake.

Of the people who were there, not many were walking around, they opted to sit by the water while others were in their own kayaks or canoes out on the water.  The rental kiosk was closed for the day.  My plan was to walk the trail to the end of the lake and then head up to the top of The Rockpile once I got back. This was my view as I began to walk the lakeshore.

There are views the entire stretch along the trail.  At this spot I got a good photo looking back at The Rockpile.  It does not look like much from here.  If you look closely, you can see people scattered throughout the rocks.  It's a popular place to watch the sunrise.  It's also a great spot to just sit and stay awhile!
further along the trail and once again looking back at The Rockpile in the middle
It was such a calm evening and that made for pretty reflections!
I reached the end of Moraine Lake and then returned along the same trail then hiked to the top of The Rockpile.  It was not that busy up here but there were three places that I had to wait to get a better view.  My thinking is the three couples that were getting professional photos by three separate photographers, may have been securing engagement/wedding photos.  This was the backdrop to The Rockpile, Moraine Lake with some of the peaks from The Valley of Ten Peaks.  
After capturing a location photo, I sat and stayed awhile!
The colours were incredible in Moraine Lake and when I look at this photo with the reflections, it makes me think of the northern lights.  While sitting here, I thought about tomorrow and coming back here to hike up to Larch Valley with hopes of there being snow I could play in.
A couple of hours later I was ready to drive back to my suite and settle in.  
This is the view I had out the door of the living room.
Time to put my feet up!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.