Friday, June 11, 2021

Inglewood Bird Sanctuary June 11, 2021

What I needed today was something simple to accomplish to get me going after close to thirty six hours of  being knocked off my feet from the symptoms of the second vaccine.  A stroll around the sanctuary seeing the sights and hearing the songs on a beautiful morning would serve up the cure.  While ducks were plentiful, the bird sanctuary lived up to its name and the birds were fully front and centre and in an abundance of varieties.  

I always wonder what could they be talking about!  I would say the first couple are male and female European Starlings.  The bottom male Wood Duck was a little more than half the size of the top one which  leads me to believe this is a father and son.  As for the two Northern Flickers, they had so much to talk about.

Cedar Waxwing
The ducklings were eating all the fluff that was coming off the trees.
Yellow Warbler      unknown      Savannah Sparrow 
House Finch      male Downy Woodpecker
Spotted Sandpiper

There were a few other birds that I spotted which were ones I had not seen before.  My photos were not clear enough to make identification.  Hopefully they stick around a little longer and will be there when I visit again.  

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful that you have this on your doorstep to complete your recovery. Your bird photography is flourishing and a delight to see.
    Enjoy your new challenge at the slower pace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ❤️….amazing all the different types of birds that show up there. Norma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is somebody new and different every time I go!

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.