Thursday, June 3, 2021

Jasper National Park June 3, 2021

Horseshoe Lake

Another nice day was in store for Jasper and I had more places on my list to visit.  One of them was a hike around Horseshoe Lake.  It would not be a long hike but from my understanding it was very scenic with lots of photo opportunities.  Being another warm day forecasted, lakeside would be nice. 

This hike can be busy from what I read so I opted for an early start.  When I say early these days I mean being there by 8:00am.  In short order I arrived at the lakeshore.  It was a rough and rugged hike to get there and the trail around the lake was scrambly and scrabbly where I used my hands for balance numerous times.  Once again it was calm and beautiful reflections were presented.
For this stretch, the trail was along this rocky edge.
The lake was very clear with hues of blue, green and turquoise.  
When I saw this rock formation in the middle, I wondered what lay beneath the water.   
a rocky reflection, a geological beauty
Here we go again, another "little brown job"!  I would say this is a Chipping Sparrow. When I downloaded my photos back at the cabin and looked closer, it appears the ends of its feathers are clipped off. It just does not look natural. They are supposed to come to a gathered point at the end.
I thought I saw the best of Horseshoe Lake already.  It got better when I reached the back side.  There were so many rock outcroppings that I scampered out onto to get the best views.  This view was incredible.....
.....and I wanted to be a part of it!
I hit the calypso orchid jackpot! This bouquet looks like a bunch of tiny sweet faces!
I scrabbled my way around the back side of the lake to this pretty stretch. That tree intrigued me and I wondered how does a tree end up growing in a curvy manner.  It was a bit rough here and I made sure not to get to close to the edge. 
that same mountain reflecting into another part of Horseshoe Lake
I completed the circumference of the Lake then met up with the trail that led back to the parking lot.  Still, I was the only one here. This just confirms why this time of year is perfect to visit Jasper National Park. 
I had another hike in mind to complete today so I didn't spend much time dilly dallying once I arrived back at my car.  This was such a pretty place and gave me that feeling of fulfillment.  I would be content to relax at the cabin but my curiosity about the next trail won over.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.